Friday, April 3, 2015

Bunches of Cards

I have had to make a bunch of Sympathy cards again.  It was a sad Sunday to hear that a dear sweet lady at church died unexpectedly and very suddenly.  I felt so sad to erase her cell number from my phone this week.  The last time I seen her (a week ago Tuesday at Bible Study) she was so vibrant!  Please pray for her husband and family as the memorial is tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be attending.


These 2 cards use images from a set call "Moose" by Red Rubber Designs.  I used an old paper pack from TAC of which I have just a few scraps. The circles are 2 different punches.  I have a FSJ ink pad that matched the base color wonderfully!


So many of my cards are hand deliver or use a padded envy that I decided to just add 3/4" punched circles covered with Journey Glaze and a pinch of Journey Black glitter instead of buttons.  The words are also from FSJ from the "Sentimental Prints" set.


This card is my take from a card demoed by Richard Garay at the FSJ event I attended last weekend.  I used "Stitched Flower" stamp set (on the retired list - see FSJ Specials page), Whip Cream ink - a great juicy pigment ink, and text from "Sentimental Prints" set.  I colored the flowers with a Qtip and Whip Cream ink.  I also used the FSJ Ovals die set.  I was wanting to stamp the sympathy text on a blue strip but there was no more of this color in my stash.  Lots of darker but that wouldn't work.


For a touch of cheer I added some Stickles to the centers of the 2 flowers.  I really like how this turned out.  I had some sentiments on my computer that I printed out and added to the inside of the cards.

No comments: