Monday, September 22, 2014

Monkeys on a Unicycle and a Lion

I bet you are intrigued by my post title.  But, it is about the remaining 2 of the 3 card samples I made for the store where I teach.  Remember, the paper is by Fancy Pants Designs from the "Everyday Circus" collection.


This paper is rather difficult to match to solid colored paper in my opinion.  I did have some scrap green that seems to work ok.


Again I added Clear Wink of Stella to the unicycle spokes and you can just make it out.  Funny when I do close ups that the paper looks kinda textured or like moire fabric.


I'm not too crazy about this card but I was drawing a blank as to what to do.  I punched the "ball" using a 3/4" circle punch and cut out the lion for this.  I used the Spellbinder Labels 28 die set and the "Celebrate" is from the stamp set "Celebrate Everything" by Hero Arts.


Here you can really see the glitter shimmer on the ball from the Clear Wink of Stella brush.  But again, the close up shows the moire fabric texture when none is there!  I've looked closely at the paper under my OTT light and that texture just doesn't show.  Weird. I still have some of the paper left over so I will have to figure out what to do with it.

No comments: