Friday, August 8, 2014

Barb Wire and Cowboy Boots

I recently purchased a "barb wire" stamp from Copper Leaf Creations and wanted to play with it.  I did discover that one has to be very careful when stamping or you get a bit of extra ink from the rubber since this stamp is soooo skinny.


The boot and text is from a retired TAC stamp set.  I stamped the boot on a bit of brown card stock and colored with pencils before cutting out and pop dotting on my card.


I tried to get the sparkles to show in the barb wire photo but it is difficult.  I colored the wires with the Silver Wink of Stella brush which gives a great metallic look.


I used the Clear Wink of Stella brush on the white sections of the boot.  I think the pencil lead absorbed it.  I think coloring with the pencils gave a cool texture look. What's your thoughts?  This will be a great card for our grandson as he is quite a cowboy.  He works on a cattle ranch in northwest Wyoming and trains horses.

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

This is one of my favorites from TAC - and love the barbed wire - but know what you mean with skinny stamps, extra care and a little extra patience. But the barbed wire adds the perfect touch.

Shelly N. said...

Love the western. Did you know that Cheery Lynn has a barbwire die cut? It comes in two sizes and I love it.
That barbwire is just so perfect for the western look. I like how you have it in multiples at the top and the bottom.