Friday, August 15, 2014

An Out House Card.... Yep.

If you've been following me the last few days you know I've been playing with some turquoise wood grain pattern paper by Fancy Pants Designs from a collection called Everyday Circus for my proposed class in September at the AZ Scrapbooking store in Green Valley, AZ. In fact, there's 3 different colors of wood grain patterns in this collection along with a brick pattern and some other fun designs.  I remember using these little houses and were quite thankful for them.  I did see a card on Pinterest that also had one of these on it and I had an "ah ha" moment.  Glad I pinned that card!


I used my paper trimmer to cut the "door" out of the 4" x 5 1/4" wood paper. Before adhering the outside frame I added the photo turn and brad to make the door latch, punched the star in the door, and made little "leather" hinges out of some brown scraps.


Now, what is an out house without the "hole"?  I cut a 1" oval and adhered it to the wood bench.  I need to figure out what to say on the inside of the card.  If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it!

No comments: