Friday, July 18, 2014

A Modern Grid

Each month I take part in a swap called Technique Junkies 1 on 1.  The requirement is that we must use a technique from the newsletters or CDs.  This month I used a technique from the April 2007 newsletter called Modern Grid.  I've not tried it before and it was fun.  Background stamps are retired from The Angel Company and banner and text stamps are from Close To My Heart.


Isn't this wild?  I added some dots and stitches and a few touches of color for fun using a journaling pen, a fine tipped Sharpie, and an ancient ColorBox coloring stylus tool.


For a touch of bling I added dots of Stickles glitter glue to some flower centers and on each end of the text.  This card is heading to Canada.   It was fun going way back in the newsletters to revisit the older techniques.  Today I need to get it in gear and prepare for my Trio of Shaped Christmas Gift Card Holders class next Tuesday morning.  I'll be making 8 kits so hope I've purchased enough paper....

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - I too take part in swap - maybe we will be swap partners one month, it is a fun swap group.

Anonymous said...

OOOOlala, this is a winner! Such thought to use the items at hand for such a snappy finish. Go junkies, Technique junkies, that is. Color presentation gives the card good coverage over several seasons and communication reasons. Super job, Carol.
Pray for people of Levenworth, WA area. We know how the loss of 76 homes, 251 outbuildings and acreage is, the lost eight homes in the last 24 hours and the fire continues to rage! Bless them with comfort in lives saved.
Grace be unto you all and your families.
Keep Looking UP!