Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Another Workdesk View, A Christmas Card, And A Sunflower

(If you came here expecting my 4/16 post, this is not the right one.  Please click HERE. )

You know what day it is???  Hump Day?  Wednesday??  No, it's "Desker's Day"!  It's actually late Tuesday for me so you get an early view of my desk.   But today is the weekly day you get to see my desk and blog hop to see over 100 (usually) desks all over the world!  Some blogs you have to have translated if you want to read.  And to view those desks and many fun and inspirational projects just pop over to Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, and have a look!


My desk has a bunch of assorted Crayons that I found in a few now-empty shoe boxes that have been unopened for 7 years.  I guess I don't need these any more if I haven't used them in that length of time.  But I have a great use for these as soon they'll be on their way to our great grandson!  Our granddaughter is excited about this but I don't think she knows what all Ryan is going to get.  There is also some wooden ornaments and I still have a couple drawers I want to go through.  There's still some stamps off to the left and scissors, foam tape, sanding block, acrylic blocks and ink off to the right.  One thing you don't see is all the bottles of dried-up paint bottles that I had to toss.  But my top shelf is quite a bit emptier.


Meanwhile here's a card I made recently using the products that I posted about HERE.  I now have all cut out and assembled but not all made into cards yet.


I am trying to show you the glitter I added to the flame and ornament.  You may have to click on the picture itself to see if the bling shows up.


I think this one is my favorite only because sunflowers are my favorite flower!  There are oodles of layers on this.


Here you can see the base layer plus 3.  I'm so thankful for a good OTT lamp and reader glasses as I was cutting this one and the others.  Now to get some more cards made.  I have ready this one, a guy in an easy chair, a bridal couple, a clown, and a baby with giant teddy bear.  The previous post with the info has  pansies.

My prayers are with Chile tonight and all those in the path of the tsunami.

Please pray for my mom as she has developed pneumonia.  She is 82 and has other health issues, too.

So now, please hop on over to the Stamping Ground and enjoy!! 

18 comments:

Eliza said...

Very interesting desk this week, save some of those crayons for resist backgrounds and journal writing, brilliant to use. Lovely cards and excellent cutting of the pictures for your cards. Have a great crafting week.

Happy WOYWW

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 36
36 my favourite number

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Carol, I love your cards. And I love the crayons on your desk, too. I can think of SO many uses for them, but of course, I'm sure your gift of them will be most appreciated.

I saw your comment, and YES, some of the punches simply didn't want to work well. Others were like butter. The small punches were the worst, but they are also the cheapest, so it stands to reason they would be hard to punch. Thanks for asking. Happy WOYWW from # 15.

Andrea said...

hi carol thanks for sharing your cards with us I love flowers and those sunflowers are ace. I am sure your grandson is going to have great fun with his new goodies. best wishes and thoughts to your mum I hope she gets well soon. have a good and creative week ahead crafty hugs Andrea #45

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Carol praying for God healing mercy on your darling mother always a great concern when they get pneumonia at that age..
...thankfully we do have modern meds which a are a huge blessing.

.. wow do I love your 3D work, and great way to reuse those crayons too happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #47

Chrysalis said...

Hi Carol - isn't it lovely that crafty kit gets passed on? I've got lots of things given to me over the years, and it would be nice to think that my stuff was still useful and gave pleasure to someone when I'm no longer around (don't mean to sound morbid!! LOL) Your desk looks wonderful - full of lovely goodies! Have a great crafting week. Chrysalis 53 x

Angie said...

Great desk! Love the sunflowers the best, they always make me smile!
Angie #84

April said...

Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers, too. Yours is lovely - all the layering is gorgeous. I am saying prayers for your Mom.
April #41

Minxy said...

WOW christmas cards, your well organised.. good for you.
Happy Wednesday
Minxy {was #6 now #23}

Lindart said...

Very pretty cards - a lot of work too! I can't even think of Christmas right now, I'm still waiting for the Chritmas snow to melt. . .LOL! Lindart #95

Neet said...

Oh dear prayers for your mum. And Chile people.
Lovely C Card - gosh you are organised. Love the sunflowers too - I remember turning a corner on the road in France and there in front was a huge field of them. Fantastic!
Hugs and thanks for the visit xx Neet

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I hope your mum is better soon, I know how you feel as mine fell down a couple of weeks ago and at 85 it's more difficult to get over stuff but she is getting better.
Thanks for stopping by at mine and hope you have a good week crafting, Angela #27

Laurie Unger said...

Love the sunflowers and all those wonderful layers!

MommaRock said...

Oh... don't say Christmas.. please don't ... LOL
Hi... happy woyww to you! Thanks for sharing!
hugs,
Kimmer #109 last, but not least, yet again... I think this is a record! LOL

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol, those are lovely. I was just telling BJ, I didn't behead my bride and groom, honest! The dress and suit are on hangers in the stamp image, but that just doesn't work on a card, so the hangers get the chop.Have a great week, running around late this week, I lost Wednesday completely, lol. Hugs Shaz #55 xx

Jackie said...

Sorry for late return visit
Best wishes to your mum!
Jackie 5

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, thank you for popping round to my desk. Lucky great grandson!
And well done for tidying and decluttering your space!! I wish I could do that, but the energy and time is not there :(
Gorgeous card! love the neatly stacked decoupage.
Zee xoxo

~ Connie said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love the way you've layered them. Will you be at the TAC reunion? Hope to see you.
Also, saying prayers for your mom!

glitterandglue said...

Ooo - wax crayons - great fun for playing with - trust your great grandson enjoys them, too!
A great desk full of lots of lovely things to peep at. A lovely Christmas card - with a fantastic greeting!!
I trust your mum soon recovers. Our prayers for her at this time. May Father God deal graciously with her as she is ill.
Have a very special Easter as we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Margaret #18