Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Tuesday Morning Sketch And a Red Rubber Inspirational

I worked yesterday afternoon on getting some card samples done for a proposed May class and hit a wall.  That is, my mojo stopped.  So, I started blurfing (blog surfing) the many great blogs I follow and seen a great sketch by Tuesday Morning Sketches that worked perfectly with the papers I chose to showcase in my class.  This card is my rendition of their sketch #244. This card also works for today's Red Rubber Inspirational #115 masculine challenge!  This is the first time I've been able to use 1 card for 2 challenges!


I'm using new papers from Graphic 45 called Good Ol' Sports.  This is a great line and I think I'll do good with this class.  The stamped image is from a stamp set called Happy Everything by Lawn Fawn. I didn't use a RRD stamp set as, since this card is for a class at AZ Scrapbooking, I had to use stamps the store carries. The twine is from The Twinery.  It's a solid twine and I purchased the solid sampler last year when it first came out.  Great stuff! They now have some cool shimmer twine but I have the stripes and solid sampler sets and I don't need any more right now.


This is another card using a button and twine.  I made the blue layer under the football player wide enough to use my 1" circle punch to create the spot for the button.  I really like the looks of that.  What do you think?  I still have 2 more cards (1 now done) to post with this great set.  I have to have them completed with my supply list and directions ready by Monday for the instructors meeting at AZ Scrapbooking where I teach.

I want to thank all those that popped by yesterday.  I had a record setting day of hits! 

6 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

Great cards for the guys. I am really taken with this paper line as well.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What great cards! I really like the layering you did on the first and the colors! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals blog this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

Debbie said...

Wonderful masculine cards!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

These are such perfect guy cards! Love them both. Thanks for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Red Rubber Designs said...

I love the colors and the images you used - great guy cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

Drea Slee said...

Awesome masculine cards!! LOVE the papers and colors! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!