Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Bird on a Limb

I have had such a busy week and it doesn't seem to be slowing down for the weekend.  My hubby has been gone a bit over a week working in northern CA and central WA for his previous employer.  I had to pick him up at 2 a.m. Thursday morning so I ended up going to work on about 3 hours of sleep. Wednesday I spent the WHOLE day (until 4 p.m.) with my folks doing errands and shopping.  Tuesday I worked then taught a class while Monday I took mom to Curves so we both worked out then I prepped for Tuesdays class.  Today.... work out at Curves and haul garbage (we're rural and have no garbage service).  Needless to say, no stamping getting done for me.  I got up a bit early this morning and made this card.


This is a take off on a card by Chelsea Comer, a friend and my gal for A|Muse Studios.  But there are no products from A|Muse on this card.  I used the snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder on the card base.  The die cut out is from my new Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf die cut set.  The bird is from My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas stamp set and the text is from Lawn Fawn "Say Everything" stamp set.  Do you see my boo-boo?  I have a hint of red ink just above the word merry from, gulp, rocking my stamp on the ink pad.



Here's a closer look at the bird.  It is a bit small for the branch but I like the effect.

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love the snowflake embossing behind the cut out - great idea, and great "case" from Chelsea - I cased hers too!!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, I think Chelsea inspires a lot of us!