Friday, August 9, 2013

A Cascade of Flowers

I think this card took the longest of any I've made in a LONG time.  I made my background using a stamp by Red Rubber Designs called Beauty of a Woman.  I embossed it with white embossing powder then used my brayer and 2 inks, a yellow and an orange.  I bet I heat embossed 2 different flower images and 1 leaf image and colored them and they just would NOT work with what I had in mind.  Finally, I grabbed a paper pack from The Angel Company called Maggie and some punches.  After punching some flowers and leaves I used a Cuttlebug Embossing folder and my Big Shot and here's the finished card.


I seen a very similar card on Pinterest but I wasn't on there when I made this post (prescheduled as I'm on vacation) so I can't give you any info about the person who made it.  I think I may have too many leaves but I like this.


I didn't emboss all the flowers, just the bigger ones that I knew I could sand to add some pop.  I also used a dot of Crystal Ice Stickles to the center of each and every flower.  Do you Pinterest?  Do you try and make the things you pin?  Great inspiration and I've even made some of the recipes which were delish!!

I'm in northwest Wyoming this week and having a great time.  My son installed a cool Kenwood radio in my car which I can play my MP3 player when I can't get a decent radio station.  I've spent an afternoon with our granddaughter Christen, the gal in the recent scrapbook page I've posted, and our great grandson Ryan.  We played at the kiddy pool and, needless to say, I got wet but had a ball!!  Hope to see them again tonight but will on Sunday.  So, hope you're having a great week!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty Carol, I really like that background!

Anonymous said...

Well, this card is a winner. It was worth the time you put into it. Very pretty!

Glittered Paws said...

Love love love this card - so very pretty and well worth the time you spent on it.