Friday, July 12, 2013

Three Daisies

I finally finished my 4th and final card for my end of August class at AZ Scrapbooking. Whew!  And for once I have my samples done before our monthly meeting next Monday!  The card still uses the Fabulous Fashion Daisy stamp set by Katy Sue Designs.


After stamping the "bubbles" I think I should have overlapped the big bubble  at the corners instead of trying to overlap at the middle of the card.  Truth be known...... I didn't realize they'd overlap.  Oh well.  The "students" can do what they want.


I colored the daisies with my Copics and have now put them away in their box to free up my desk.  I had a bunch of them out and you can see them in my last post.  Hmmm.... now I think I'll head over to Pinterest or do some blurfing for some ideas!

And I haven't shown you a picture of a couple potato cannon contestants!  That was SO much fun to watch....


This is Mary.  Her cannon didn't place in the top 3 but she sure gave it a good effort!  Her boyfriend didn't do well, either, but they had a blast!


And the winner.... Rube.  His potato went 500'.  He got a nice prize basket!  After the meal and contest we just about went into Tucson to my aunt's house to watch the 4th of July fireworks but hubby was tired and we were heading out to Williams, AZ after I cleaned the next day.


Last Saturday we took the Grand Canyon Railroad (first class at that!) to the Grand Canyon.  There is NO way to get a picture that does it justice but this is the view to the west of where we got off the train.  Absolutely awe inspiring!  We walked about 500' down the Bright Angel Trail and it was a bit steep.  Took twice as long to come back up.  We got rained on just before boarding the train but that felt good!  Was a great weekend and we played tourist to the hilt!

No comments: