Friday, July 5, 2013

A Day Over Fabulous

I've gotten pictures downloaded of the 2nd card sample toward my August class using the Daisy Fabulous Sentiments sets by Katy Sue Designs.  They're such girly sets and a real challenge for me.  I do appreciate Pinterest and blogs that I blurf for inspiration and ideas.


I used my scalloped circle die and an embossing folder by Spellbinders on this card.  I think I'm getting the hang of my Big Shot but still have brain burps on some things.


I used my Stardust Clear Gel pen on the wings of the butterfly and colored using my Copics. This set is growing on me now.  I have a 3rd card completed and will post it next. I gotta have the 4th done before July 15 as that's when us "instructors" meet with Debi, the AZ Scrapbooking store owner for our monthly meeting. I also need to make a birthday card for our youngest son's girlfriend.  Will be busy next week.

Today we're headed to Williams, AZ to play tourist for a couple of days.  We needed to "get out of Dodge" and relax and plan on riding The Train to the Grand Canyon (hope they don't need reservations as I didn't get any made) and go through Bearizona.  We've heard lots of good things about both and hope to escape some of the heat of our area.  (I will have the lap top to check in and moderate any comments.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be flurtatious with every AC unit along the way! Heat has been intense here,too, until this morning when a huge cloud cell hit with lightning and rain, only moderate winds (yesterday winds hit like a tornado was brewing) Enjoy touristing. Take scads of pics. Scope out those AC units. . . . that could be a study in itself. mt23stamperatyahodotc

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - love the glittered wings on your butterfly and love the hole punched out too.