Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cards from Class with Ken Oliver

I got all but 1 card completed from last Saturday's class with Ken Oliver from Spellbinders in Phoenix, AZ.  The last card won't be finished as I do NOT like the colors we had to use and I don't have the Spellbinder die to use.  Oh well...  I may use the pieces I have on various cards later on.  Anyway, I'll post a couple here and a couple for tomorrow's post when you get to see my desk and the piles on it from working on these cards...


We used the Picot Circles dies on this card.  The text is from a set by The Angel Company.  I added a very large clear crystal to the circle center for that touch of bling...


Spellbinders came out with a bunch of new dies that Ken calls the One Die Wonder series.  This particular set is in the Majestic Elements collection called Resplendent Rectangles and has 5 different dies.  I have to figure out how to make it work in my Big Shot. I do not plan on buying the Grand Calibur as I have the purple Wizard and the Big Shot.  Two is enough.  Originally this card had a blue base but I switched it out for white.  The blue just didn't work with these colors. And this card is 4" x 6".  These dies are a bit bigger than your standard A2 card so may require extra postage when mailing.  All my completed die-cut cards will be on display at the AZ Scrapbooking store in Green Valley, AZ to promote the dies.

No comments: