Wednesday, May 1, 2013

With Heartfelt Sympathy

I finished another sympathy card but only made one of these.  I've had the set this stamp is part of but haven't really played much with it.  I love the country/vintage look of the image and thought the peacefulness of it would make a good sympathy card.  All stamps are from The Angel Company and the paper is from my stash of years...


I used a crackle background stamp instead of a pattern paper.  I really like how this turned out!


Here's a bit closer look at the stamp.  I added some tan cording that gave a bit of masculine embellishment (which my hubby liked!) and voila!

I didn't do the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday today.  My desk is loaded with cards I'm prepping for sale so my desk is completely buried!  And I spent yesterday working at my cleaning job, baking, setting up my VCR/DVD player in my craft room, then going to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse (I'm still full....).

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Carol~
Wonderful CAS card!Doing a little blog hopping... Hope you are well!
Hugs Kim

Anonymous said...

I like the card, but I think it would look better with a darker brown for the image. Good choice on the image, so many sympathy cards have flowers or crosses; nice to have a masculine theme.