Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Birthday in Black & Yellow

I have to admit I love Pinterest!  I have found some really fun stuff there and today I'm posting a card that I made after "pinning" it's inspiration.


It's such a simple card yet striking in color!  I used scraps for this card: yellow & black card stocks and a yellow pattern card stock left over from something.  The text is from Hero Arts.  The flower is from a small flower punch and I added the black gemstone from the Black Gemstone Collection.  And the scalloped border is by Fiskars Treading Water border punch.


Here's a closer view of the flower.  I used the same pattern paper that the text is stamped on but I'm thinking I should have edged it with a black marker.  I may yet. My inspiration  came from Kris Boydstun which was pinned by a friend I follow.  (With some changes in internet privacy I am trying to post where I get my inspiration for my protection.  Sometimes I remember but many times I don't.)   There are quite a few changes from Kris' cards but there are some changes.  Anyway, if you're on Pinterest you can follow me by clicking on my Pinterest logo in the left sidebar.  And with the completion of this card my desk looks like it exploded with the glue dots, gems, scraps, and such!  I think I need to clean it before I get more inspiration! And it seems my mojo came home!  Yahoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this one. The contrast is great. I may have to try this one!