Thursday, July 29, 2010

No mojo for a few days.... Sorry.

I've been a bit out of it this past week.  Had insomnia Sat. and Sun. nights and was a total wreck on Monday so, no stamping.  Tuesday wasn't much better.  Or Wed. But yesterday and today I've been working hard!  I'm involved in a card front swap on Paper Wings of new images from the new catalog.  I can't show the cards until the swap is complete but I will give you a sneak peek!!




This image is from the set Sunflowers.  My favorite flower is the Sunflower so I "had" to buy this set!  I used Copic markers to color from Color Caboodle Sets A & F. I'm a novice using them but I really like how my shading turned out. I did have a couple areas on the leaves that I didn't get blended very good, though. I'm not "Copic certified" but maybe someday....  I stamped the image on White Caboodle card stock which really is great when using the Copic markers! Seems to minimize the bleeding through of the markers. I stamped the image with Noir PH ink and it did just fine. I hope to get the Momento Tuxedo Black and give it a try when I order next. It is the ink that's recommended when using Copic markers.  Oh, don't be shocked when you see the whole card. I didn't use the Stardust Clear Gel pen on it! LOL!


 Michelle, my downline in north Tucson, is having a beach theme tag swap.  I had to do this in a hurry and since Anchor To My Soul is the only "beachy" set I have I had to use it.



I used the Copics again for the grass, chair shading, and pink lemonade.  Can you see the sparkly ice? I used the Stardust Clear Gel pen on it and the sun.  And I made the clouds using a piece of torn paper, a piece of sponge, and my Moonlight White Brilliance pad.  I used my Wizard and a Sizzix scallop tag die to cut the tag from some blue card stock I have in my stash.

I want to welcome my new "followers"!  I appreciate all of you who follow or subscribe to my blog.  I hope my projects give you inspiration. 

4 comments:

Christine Pennington said...

cant wait to see the swap card--i have yet to start mine--i am a bit under the weather with my back--i have posted a lot lately on my blog--but i made them a while ago. my set of "arabella" was hard for me not to send to tac for a contest entry. LOL. good to see you stamping again

Rita W said...

Awesome card and tag! You're doing a great job with the copics. Love the frosty lemonade.

Trudy Osborn said...

Can't wait to see the whole card. Great job with the copics

Chelsea said...

cute ... glad you found your mojo again